Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just Love

People seem to think I am this good little Christian girl, but the fact is, I’m not. Yes, I am a Christian, but I mess up too. I have bad days, I have had several times when I doubted, and I have definitely done what people would consider “bad” things. I’m not perfect. But who is? This world is full of judgment. It hurts, oppresses, and strikes fear into the hearts of people. “What if they judge me?” is a constant thought in many minds. I know I have that fear. It bothers me though when people have that fear when they are with me. They think that because I’m a Christian that I will judge them. Sadly, this is what many Christians do. They make hasty generalizations about people. They are caught up in being “right” and “holy” instead of just loving on people. I don’t want people to not come to me with their troubles because they are afraid I will judge them. It breaks my heart. All too often, people are judged by their worst moment. The one thing that they wish never happened gets put out into the open and people assume that that is who they are. These are people I love. And if we love someone, we should go out of our way to find the best in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment