Thursday, April 29, 2010

30 Days Naked Day 16

Why is this world so unfair? Why is it so horrible? Why do bad things happen? More importantly, why does it have to happen to such amazing people? They fall down and their faith is tested. It seems like such a great journey and they are thankful to God by the end. The second time is more difficult. It is long and grueling on them and everyone around them. But in the end they say "God is good". Why must it keep happening? Lord I thought I learned. What else do you have for me? What else do you have for them? Must it keep on happening? Will my dejavu continue? Is this your joy? To have your people suffer? I'm shouting. I shout to you who is so great. What have I done? What have I done. So I thought you listened. I thought you heard me. Will you answer prayer and take it away less than 6 months later? I guess it is true. So I have heard: you give and take away.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing girl. The Devil is just screwing with you and your faith to see what you can handle and break you. He wants to see you fall away from God by messing with the things that you adore the most. Don't give up and keep praying. God has a plan for you and He will help you through all of this, even if you think He isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We truly don't know his plan and things that seem bad can actually be for our good. Growth. God is really not concerned with our happiness. I think that is something we pick up in this American culture. He is concerned with our holiness. Any brokenness on our part can only be used by God to restore us to a truer heart; one unaffected by consequences of this world and totally sold out to advancing his eternal kingdom. It's all goooooooood because we have God.

    ReplyDelete