Wednesday, April 21, 2010

30 days naked day 8: Purity

Jesus wants me to stay pure. But how can I keep my purity in such a impure and sinful world? Being pure is being without blemish. Doesn't that mean perfection? Matt 5:48 says to be perfect therefore, as your father in heaven is perfect. But how can I be perfect if I am sinful? I know for a fact I am not perfect. I never have been, and I never will. I can just look in the mirror and see blemishes. But even though I am not perfect, i can sure strive for perfection. With Gods help it is extremely possible. In Matthew 5 it also says: "blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." I want to see God. I want to be filled with His spirit and be close to Him. To achieve that, I need to strive for purity in every aspect of my life. I can only do this through God's grace and strength.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for His help! Thank God that we can doing anything with Him beside us! So proud of you,and I just finished catching up. You're learning so much, and I'm so stinkin' stoked to see where God takes this!

    ReplyDelete