Tuesday, April 27, 2010

30 Days Naked Day 14

Sitting in my room. Nervous. Sweating. I was going to leave soon. "Why do I become so nervous when i speak in front of people?" i asked myself. I became angry. I looked in the mirror, feeling naked. I have never wanted to put on makeup so bad. I always feel naked when I speak in front of people, and that is with makeup. Now I felt completely exposed. I had to keep praying to resist the temptation. I drove to class blaring music to get my mind off of what was about to happen. In the class room I waited anxiously while others presented. Ever since I was little I would sing this song my mom taught me: "God has not given us a spirit of fear. But he has given unto us, a spirit of power, a spirit of love, and a sound mind". This comes from 1 timothy 1:7. I used to always sing this at night when I would be frightened of the furnace. I still sing it in my head whenever I am nervous or scared. I sat in my chair singing this in my head while I waited. It was my turn. I set up the computer and I was shaking while I did it. I looked up at the class and saw all of the faces staring at me. Waiting. I decided to be honest. "I'm nervous" I said. I told the class that I become quite nervous when speaking in front of people so I would like to pray before I began. So I prayed and then I presented. Very strange. But it was the best thing to do.

3 comments:

  1. Ali - you are doing GREAT, girl! I was impressed when I first read about your fast; it's a hard thing to do, I know. Keep it up! Don't get discouraged by lack of comments or anything else - God sees every word you write, and He's the one you're doing this for, am I right?

    I read when I can, and always enjoy it when I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for resisting temptation! :) You always amaze me. To make things even better, you did a wonderful presentation that people will talk about all week. I am pretty sure of that!

    You are half way done. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose - YES! And thank you :)

    Caleb - Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete