Saturday, April 24, 2010

30 Days Naked Day 11

"Jesus loves me this I know. For the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me. The bible tells me so." You might laugh when you hear this song. They are just simple words sung to a simple song that we all sang when we were younger. But these words..these words that are so "simple", are so incredible. John 3:16: "For God SO LOVED the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." A verse heard so often...but really such a powerful statement. God loved the world (a dirty sinful mess) so much that He gave His only son. His son ended up dying for our sins. Yes, Jesus came back to life, but He still died and took up all that pain..for us. Jesus loves us. It's so incredible..sometimes even unimaginable. But I know it's true. In the new testament during Jesus' time on earth, I see how He loved. The shortest verse in the Bible (John 11:35) says, "Jesus wept". A lot of people remember this verse. But..why was Jesus weeping? He was weeping because his friend Lazarus, whom he loved, died. One of my favorite verses is Romans 8:39: "neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of our God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." God's love is so amazing. And what's even better: nothing can separate me from It. Jesus loves me this I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment