Sunday, April 18, 2010

30 Days Naked: Day 5

Today, while worshipping In church, we sang "Draw me close to You" at the very end. Here are the lyrics: "Draw me close to You Never let me go I lay it all down again To hear You say that I'm Your friend You are my desire No one else will do 'Cause nothing else could take Your place To feel the warmth of Your embrace Help me find the way Bring me back to You You're all I want You're all I've ever needed You're all I want Help me know You are near" I was singing these words, worshipping passionately the God of the universe with my eyes closed to everything around me. I desire Jesus. He's all I want and all I need. Nothing could take His place and nothing should ever do that. Not even little things such as makeup. I want to be near to Him. I want Him to draw me close and I want to feel the warmth of His embrace. He's all I want and all I've ever needed. Im not going to lie. This fast is becoming more difficult every single day. But i know i can do it with Christ's help. Sometimes, however, I can feel distanced from God throughout the day..i can feel alone in this. As I was singing the last line "help me know you are near", I felt a hand on my shoulder. I knew right away that it was my mom. I felt that she knew somehow what I was thinking and that she supported me. It was a very comforting thing.

1 comment: