Friday, April 16, 2010

30 days naked day 3

Its friday. Day 3 of my fast and the end of the school week. I am exhausted. Today I felt weak and tired and frustrated because of it. Today I worked, which I normally don't do on Fridays, but Someone was out of town. When I arrived, I didn't want to work. I said "lord, I'm tired. I don't want to be here. I want to go home and sleep." I continued to silently complain to Him. But soon work became fun like it always is. I am thankful that Jesus has given me an awesome job with amazing co-workers. On day 1 of my fast, I was feeling pretty good about myself by the end of the day. I was doing something awesome right? But obviously I was boasting of myself...not the Lord...who is doing amazing works.. The devil fed me a few lies today. There was the ever so original "you're ugly" along with "this fast is a stupid idea". I keep having to remind myself of truth. Lately I've been reading a lot of Paul's writings. Today I read this: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 "to keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'my grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." The only thing I can boast in is Jesus Christ. He has given me amazing grace. His power makes me perfect in my weakness. When I am tired and exhausted, he comforts me and gives me strength. When I hear the devils lies, I run to Jesus. Because He gives me strength when I am weak. When I have nothing left, he is there. I AM WEAK. and that is something to boast about

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of your allowing God to work in your heart! I read your posts and alternate between tears and joy.

    ReplyDelete