Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We Used to Never

My heart sinks when I think of you
Our past friendship that is lost
I cry myself to sleep some nights
I never thought about the cost
Of never staying in touch
Or even calling to say hi
Never getting lunch
Or even waving goodbye
Why did I give up something?
That was once so great
Why didn't I try harder?
To plan a little date
We used to talk
We used to laugh
We used to walk
Together we were
But never again
I wish it weren't true
I wish we were friends
I see you all the time
I see your new friends
I don't see your face
Or you even look at me
You turn away
Avoid my gaze
I'm not saying I don't do it too
I'm just saying my heart aches
Regret of what fate knew was coming

3 comments:

  1. It truly doesn't have to be this way. God can repair anything...broken bones, broken hearts, broken friendships.

    ReplyDelete