Tuesday, May 11, 2010

30 Days Naked Day 28

"I forgive you." Such wonderful words to hear...and such difficult words to say. Most of us have had to say these words to someone. Perhaps it was when we were younger and we called one of our siblings a 'butt head' or pushed them when playing outside. But maybe it was something even more serious. Maybe it was to someone who deeply hurt you. That is the most difficult time to say those words. 28 days ago I had a dream about someone that had hurt me last fall. When I woke up the Lord convicted me that I hadn't forgiven that person yet. So right there, in my heart, I forgave them. It felt pretty great to get that load off of my shoulders, that grudge that I had held on to. That afternoon I saw that person from afar. I had a burning urge inside to run up to him and tell him that I forgave him. But then I thought no...that would be really weird...especially since he was in his car in a drivethrough of a restaurant. I am not sure if that urge was God...or just me..but I chickened out and I went home. I did send him a message however telling him I forgave him. Surprisingly he replied and told me how shocked he was to recieve it and that it was good to hear. We actually agreed to smile and say hi to each other when we saw each other again instead being awkward. Forgiving someone is humbling. Forgiving someone is freeing. I encourage you today to think about someone who had done you wrong. Have you forgiven them? I encourage you to do so. I know it will be difficult..believe me. But it is so much better once you make that choice.

1 comment:

  1. so awesomely true. Glad you listened to the Holy Spirit. So very Glad God is teaching you so much. love you, mom

    ReplyDelete