Saturday, May 1, 2010

30 Days Naked Day 18

I once heard it said that once you are born, you begin dying. When you take your first breath, second breath, third breath, ect, you are slowly making your way to your last breath. In my life, right now, I am slowly dying. So..in a way..we all have a slow death. And since life is full of struggles, difficulties, and pain, we all have some sort of a painful death. We all are dying. Slowly. Painfully. I am not sure about you, but this sounds utterly depressing to me. I really wanted something positive to bring light into such a negative and pessemistic comment. Today I read 2 Corinthians 4. In verses 10-12 it says: "we always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you." Though we are dying, we have a Savior who gives us life. We have this life because of His death. We give our lives in worship to the one who is alive. Verse 14 says: "because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence." In our death we will have life because we recieve the gift of dwelling with the Lord in heaven forever. Verses 16-18 say: "therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever seen one of those weird movies where the person starts changing from their body into a different one as they're walking or running towards the camera? I think about some random image in my head from a movie like that where the person was walking confidently and happily as he changed into a being made of warm, bright light. I like to think of it like that. Figuratively, the more of me I let die (the more selfless I am), the more of Christ I let live through and in me. But also, literally, it's like you're thinking above. Each step closer to my physical death is one step closer to my eternal life with Him in heaven. Need my runnin' shoes!

    ReplyDelete