Wednesday, May 5, 2010

30 Days Naked Day 22

There is something that is really bugging me tonight. Why do people date if they know that they are not going to marry that person in the future? If you have an answer I invite you, please comment. I know, I know; not everyone finds Mr. Or Mrs. Right right away. But not everyone goes into a relationship knowing they are going to break up do they? People say it's okay to date "for fun". When they say this they say it is carefree. So what? You are just "dating" someone and having all the benefits without an actual committment? Is that it? Then I heard the argument that you are just hanging out and having fun with that person and you don't have to be physical. That's great but why would you call that dating? Can you not have fun hanging out with a group of friends? Can you not get to know guys by being friends with them? I believe that friendships are more honest than the Start of a dating relationship anyway because you are not trying to impress the other person. When you are dating you tend to put your best face on to impress. And sometimes it is not who you really are. I know I have had many deep conversations with my guy friends that show me who they are, the good and the bad. I don't believe you have to date a certain amount of guys or girls to find that right one. I've known many people who have only dated one person, only kissed one person, only had sex with one person. Some people say that you have to go through many guys to learn lessons and figure out what you want in a guy and what you don't want. I don't know about you, but I can figure that out by observation and friendships rather than giving my heart away so many times in my life. ~scar girl

7 comments:

  1. I love how you did this. Me and Annie were talking about dating really randomly when she brought up Alyssa. But, you know my stand on all of this so I won't put in a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray daily that my girls grow up to have this same perspective you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on the right track, Ali. It's simple, really...just follow God and He'll lead you to your future husband exactly when He knows the time is right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me awhile to understand courtship. But when I did I saw how much more mature you would walk into a relationship. I only pray my girls learn the value of it. But I have always tried to teach my children that no person is worth dating or marrying if you don't consider them your best friend.

    ReplyDelete