Monday, May 24, 2010

Doubt?

Do you ever have moments of doubt? Maybe those moments are just minutes, or even seconds; but perhaps they are hours, days, even weeks. Is this God's plan? Or is this something I convinced myself was His plan? Is this His timing? Or is this my timing? It is so difficult for me to just give it all to God. There could be many reasons for this. Two I can think of off the top of my head are selfishness and impatience. I want things to go my way and right now. That's not how God works. There is a reason I'm not in charge..I can't see it all. I am not all seeing and all powerful; not in the least. God knows my thoughts and the thoughts of others. He knows future events and people. And he knows my heart. He is the ultimate discerner. I need to lay it all down before His feet. What do you want Lord?what can I do for You? Show me your will for my life. Help me to see your plan for me and to carry it out. Be with me through every step. I trust you.

2 comments:

  1. It's so easy to "know" the truth in our heads, but to really KNOW the truth with all out heart, well, that takes a lifetime of growth. But it sinks in bit by bit every day, as He takes us from glory to glory! You are right that it is a daily process of laying it down...

    ReplyDelete