Saturday, May 8, 2010

30 Days Naked Day 25

As I stood in line at the grocery store I looked at the checkout lady. She was older, probably late fifties or early sixties, but I will admit, I am horrible at guessing people's ages. As she began scanning my items I studied her face. I didn't mean to stare, but it caught my attention. She was wearing dark eyeliner that was very thick, around her small eyes. On her eyelids was blue eyeshadow. Her face was caked with makeup. It was so thick that it actually looked like a thin mask; like the one that Robin Williams wore in the movie Mrs. Doubtfire. I began to wonder what this lady looked like without her mask. Even more so, I began to wonder about this woman's character and her life. No, I don't know the woman. Perhaps I was being judgemental by staring at her so. Do you ever recieve the urge to pray for complete strangers? That's what I did today. I prayed. And I hope to continue praying for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment