Monday, May 3, 2010

30 Days Naked Day 20

"I have to get gas" This Is a phrase I've been saying to myself the past few days. Not only because my car is now on empty, but also because I am just flat out tired. I'm exhausted. It seems whenever I try to place some good in my life, it becomes overrun with the bad. Last Thursday morning I got up a little before 7 to run around my hilly neighborhood. I am quite out of shape and I wanted to get back in shape and be healthier. I was extremely sore that day and the next morning, but still I woke up and ran on Friday morning. I even bought I cool sport arm thing to hold my iPod while I run. Friday I felt pretty bad...sore..and it felt like my rib cage could pop in and out. It did this saturday too and my neck and shoulders hurt. Saturday I night I had what felt like a spasm in my neck and by Sunday morning I couldn't lift my right arm without tremendous pain. Is this what I get for running and trying to take care of my body? I began this fast 20 days ago. Sometimes I feel like God has left me. Even though I have given up things for Him...bad things still happen. I'm tired. I'm exhausted...physically,emotionally, and spiritually.. I'm running on empty.

4 comments:

  1. I want you to look back in the Gospels and look at the fast of Jesus. Compare your fast to His. He was tempted to go against all of His teachings and His words of the Old Testament and current to break His fast. The Devil wanted Jesus to lose because he rules the sin and wants to engulf everyone with it, especially the Lord who created Him. You have made it 2/3 of the way now. It may not seem like much, or it may seem like forever. But you are doing something very few people can pull off. Fasting from something that makes up their every day life. You are doing something to glorify God. Don't give up. Graduation is coming up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali! You need to go to the chiropractor! I would highly recommend Dr. Brooks in Tulsa (www.brooksspinalcare.com), but he is super expensive (he's really the best, though!). A cheaper alternative would be Dr. Bush here in B'ville...he's in a little building on Keeler downtown. Pretty jolly sort, and he does pretty well, he's just not as accurate as Brooks.

    Good for you for running! It will hurt like hell if you're out of alignment, though, which it sounds like you are. Gentle (((hugs))) - hope you can get it taken care of soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perry the PlatypusMay 4, 2010 at 12:12 AM

    Don't hate all anonymous people. Some of us love you.

    Keep going strong. You are in my prayers. Always have been. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you "I dunno". And no, I don't hate anonymous people, I just hate the fact I don't know who they are. I appreciate them however.
    Rose - my mom worked on my back on Sunday and gave me exercises to do. the wonders of living with a physical therapist....It still hurts though and will obviously take some time. Working was like torture today. Prayers are appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete