Friday, July 9, 2010

This Life is A Mess

This life is messed up
and I can’t fix it.
We make it a mess
Too big to clean up
I think we need help
But that’s just me
Maybe I’m just thinking too much
Ever since I was born I was fallen
I mean, sinful, and wrong minded
No one taught me the bad I already knew that
I fell down and I got up
I smiled and I frowned
I lied to people and was lied to
I have been betrayed
and I have been the betrayer
This life is a mess
Oh I must confess
I have stolen
and I’ve been stolen from
I’ve gossiped and I’ve been gossiped about
I’ve been hurt so many times
But I have also hurt people
I’ve been through struggles and pains
Even addictions as big as migraines
But I’ve also helped people through struggles and pains
Gave out advice when they needed it
Comforted them in their sorrow
This life is a mess
Oh I must confess
I’ve made friends and I’ve lost them
I’ve started things and I’ve ended them
I have made mistakes and I regret them
But I’ve also learned from them
I have been through the valley
and I have been on the top of the mountain
I’ve been fired up
I’ve even been depressed
I have high highs
and I have low lows
This life is a mess
I must confess
I can do nothing on my own
There is only One who can clean it up

No comments:

Post a Comment