Thursday, July 15, 2010

There's A Reason

Why do you hate me?
What have I done?
I try to keep my distance
You keep adding on the miles
I’m not trying anything I promise
If only you would just let me speak I would tell you all
But you hide your face
Hiding behind your fear and your jealosy
I know there is more
I know you must feel pain
There’s a reason for this madness
I know why you feel this disdain
If only I could talk to you
Stop running away
I’m not trying to teart you from him
I’m just being his friend
I know there’s a reason you’re protective
 I just wish I knew the underlying scars

2 comments:

  1. This is a very good poem. What made this poem come to mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People often push away the ones who are close to avoid more pain and this poem is a beatiful discription on the pain the loved one suffers

    ReplyDelete