Saturday, July 17, 2010

More of A Life

Life seems to go up and down
So fast that I don’t know
Like a rollar coaster
I don’t know whether to put my hands in the air
or whether to scream and cover my eyes.
I have high highs
and I have low lows.
Sometimes I’m in the valley
and sometimes I’m climbing up the mountain,
I’ve seemed to have lost my thrill.
I miss the joy I had in life.
To get it back I would kill
Depressed and lonely
Everything was going wrong
I was confused and befuddled
I was blind and mute
No smile on my face
No acting all cute
But I seemed to be doing well
Hiding my feelings of meltdown
Would I ever get back up again?
I fell oh so hard Into this hole that’s so dark
and I’m sitting here oh so scared
I can’t see a thing
Not even my own hand
But I feel the dirty garbage around me
And the tears sliding down my face
But I don’t feel loved
But you woke me up
You pulled me out of that hole
You said ‘child, I’d do anything for you’
And You just want to be with me
Want to hold me close
You love me more than anyone could
And you overwhelm me with your grace
So I fall down on my face
Held captive by your love
I won the race
That race that everyone runs
They are searching for something
Something to fill them up
Well I know I’ve found it!
Because of you I am what I am
More than I could ever be
Alone I am only a weak child
But with You I can do all things
And I am joyful I’ve found my thrill
Serving you til the very end
Following my Jesus
Taking up my cross
Because You did everything for me
You gave everything for me
Payed the highest price
Loved like no one else has ever loved

No comments:

Post a Comment