Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Need A Breath

Tonight I watched a movie that I will not recomend, nor name. It was a silly movie, what you would call "stupid" or "corny" or maybe even "lame". Normally, people don't cry in stupid movies. Nor in corny or even lame ones. No. I didn't cry. My eyes just watered up and stung badly. But why? Why? Why did I cry? Maybe because the word "love" was mentioned quite a few times. Maybe because I understood some of the pain that was being portrayed, no matter how silly it was. Maybe because I missed feeling careless. Maybe because I was sad for the ignorant characters played in the movie. Maybe I cried because I missed the little things...Or maybe just because I was just emotionally strained. I realized this week and last that I need a day. A day to breath. A day to be silent. A day to contmplate and think and more importantly, a day to pray and just be still. Today is that day. I am spending this whole day silent until midnight, the beginning of the tenth of june. I am also spending the day barefoot. I hope to really spend the day with God. To stand in his presence. I remembered the story in the Bible about God talking to Moses through the burning bush. He told him to take off his sandals for the ground he was standing on was Holy ground. I hope today to be a great experience. I turned off my phone and I will only blog once more on my other blog www.thirtydaysofyou.blogspot.com for my 3rd day of fasting from facebook. Psalm 46:10 "Be still and Know that I Am God."

No comments:

Post a Comment