Saturday, February 12, 2011

Run Away

I’m all alone tonight, sitting in my room

I find myself thinking

Thinking of you

I don’t know how

How to go on

I need to break this now

This habit of running

It’s just like the sweat on my brow

I can’t seem to see, what’s right in front of me

This sticky sweaty mess is blinding

I don’t want this anymore

Running is what gives me peace

This sitting down is tearing me up inside

But I see the track out my window

I sit and stare, but I don’t go

I wish that I were brave

But this fear of staying is unbearable

Where are you?

Where are you darling?

I want to find you

But I’m so scared

Do I even know you?

Are you here?

I want to make the right choice

But how can I, if you hide

I want to run away

Far into the wilderness

Where I can just pray

Pray that you will find me

But if you came I wonder if I’d even recognize you

No comments:

Post a Comment