Friday, February 18, 2011

Blind

Did you see me cry?

when we talked that night.

When the pond was sparkling white

And we sat on the bench.

I saw your fists clench.

You looked at the ground

as the fog settled all around.

Just like the fog in my mind.

You put me in a bind.

I tried to look up to the clear sky

but I can't see the stars.

My eyes are dilated.

I'm frustrated.

You're blinding me

with this fog you make.

My knees, they shake.

Did you see me shed a tear?

When you spoke so unclear.

I wasn't shivering because it was cold.

You looked at me as if I was gold

wanting what you couldn't have.

I am not a thing that you desire.

Don't you know not to play with fire?

As you scoot near,

I begin to fear.

The tides have turned.

Be careful or you'll be burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment