Monday, March 8, 2010

I miss you

And I get this ache 
This overwhelming feeling
of tremendous size
Tiredness I thought
But no it can't be true
I know what it really is
I sure will miss you
Even though you're beside me now
I can imagine when you're gone
I know how it feels 
For my heart to ache
I feel so cold
Missing the warmth 
The tears unfold
The letters of weeping
Slowly slide down my cheeks
Opening in unison
Emotion it leaks
If one looks closely
You can read the little thoughts
The scribbles of my mind
The emotion intertwined
I place my hands on my face 
Trying to hide
What was put into place
The ink stains my palms
Black as night
The darkness calms
I get sucked in
I can't get out
I miss you so 
My lights turn out

2 comments:

  1. I love the part about tears being like ink, staining your hands. You're so brilliant. This poem made me sad, just thinking about what I would do were I in your situation.

    ReplyDelete