Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Introducing Scar Girl

Hello world. Welcome to the magical world of scar girl. My birth name is Alison or Ali for short. I am a senior in higschool and I am a daughter of the most high king, Jesus Christ. Through Him, I can do all things. I enjoy writing, playing basketball, and hanging out with my friends and family. I am highly interested in microbiology and the rest of God's incredible creation. In the fall, when I begin college, I will major in cellular and molecular biology. I work at a local coffee shop/cafe and I love it. The people I work with are awesome and the customers are so great. I've always wanted to write a blog. I never knew what I would write about in that blog, but that never bothered me much. I could always write for hours and not run out of things to write about. So here it is...the magical world of scar girl. Behind the Name: I have always been fascinated with scars. I do not have that many, but I still think they are incredible looking. Unlike most people, I notice scars on others and I ask about them. This might seem very strange to some, but it is what I do. This gets the other person talking and most likely presents a story on how they recieved that scar. Sometimes it was from when they were a little kid and they just fell. Sometimes it is from a bike or car accident. Sometimes it is from past surgery. Sometimes it is from something off the wall. I start a conversation, and I get to know a little something about that person. I see their past. I see what they struggled through. I see how it has molded them into who they are today. My best guy friend is the one who first called me scar girl. After that, my best gal friend morphed it into one word by just calling me "Skg" last summer. The name stuck and she always calls me that. It is a nickname that my close friends call me. In my blog, I hope to entertain you with my thoughts, my poetry (which I write often), and with humorous stories in my life that come from my friends, family, school, or my job. Welcome to the magical world of scar girl. I hope you enjoy your stay. Skg

No comments:

Post a Comment