Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Constellation Eyes

I will go back to that silent evening
when we were more than friends but less than lovers,
while outside, we stood only inches apart, gazing at the stars
and you pointed out Orion’s belt to me.
I looked up but I couldn’t see the shape in the stars,
all I wondered was if you loved me.
Did you ever love me?
I just smiled and nodded and stared at your brown eyes
that sparkled even brighter than your constellations.
the night grew colder and I wanted to step closer,
when you offered me your jacket and slipped it on me
I felt your warmth and smelled you on me
and it was as if you were holding me but you weren’t.
The inches between us seemed like miles
but at least I could pretend,
and I could look at your eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Every night that I go outside, the first constellation I see is Orion and his belt. It's the first constellation I look for every night,then I immediately look for the Big Dipper. After a little bit of looking around, I am able to connect the Big Dipper to the Little Dipper and eventually I am able to combine the two to find the Scorpion constellation.

    To this day, I'll never forget this night. I'm reminded of it every night I step outside and look at the stars.I'll always be reminded of the girl with the pretty brown eyes standing beside me. To answer your question, you just need to ask.

    ReplyDelete