Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beautiful

My mother says I'm beautiful,
but I find that hard to believe.
I look in the mirror,
I stare myself down
and I don't like what I see,
cause what I see isn't who I want to be.
Beautiful isn't here.
Beautiful isn't there.
Where is it, don't ask,
I couldn't tell you anyway.
Searching for the truth,
a meaning in this life,
cause every time I fall
It's getting harder to stand up.
Who am I?
Where are You?
I know I have a purpose
but what am I supposed to do?
I want to be real,
to go where You want me,
but beautiful is far too far for me.
Beautiful isn't here
Beautiful isn't there
Where is it, don't ask
I couldn't tell you anyway.
Where do I go from here?
I can't stand in one place too long,
I'm restless in the wrong.
This isn't where I'm supposed to be,
please tell me
though I might not agree,
I promise I'll go,
wherever You lead me
I just need to know,
cause right now I'm broken,
don't know where else to go.
Beautiful isn't here
Beautiful isn't there
Where is it?
Because Lord I really want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment